Bishop Auckland Railway Station
National Rail Travel Centre
Ticket Sales Line: 01388-661394
Closed until further notice due to National Lockdown
Rail Excursions are promoted by Bishop Trains, Bishop Auckland. The train is operated by a railtour operator on behalf of Bishop Trains referred to as "The train operator" below.
1. All seats are fully reserved and must be booked and paid for in advance. Bishop Trains endeavour to fulfil specific seating requests subject to availability.
2. While the train operator/Bishop Trains will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the train runs as planned, the train operator and Bishop Trains do not accept responsibility for delays, mishaps or alterations or curtailment of the tour arising from situations outwith its control.
3. The train operator and Bishop Trains cannot be held liable for any missed connections or non-use of tickets.
4. Provisional times are only a guide and when booking you accept that these may differ from the final times. Final times will be provided with your ticket, normally about a week before the date of the tour.
5. Please allow plenty of time to reach your joining station and, if appropriate, sufficient time to park your car and make your way to the correct platform to join the train.
6. If an excursion is cancelled by the train operator or Bishop Trains a full refund will be made, but no other liability shall be incurred.
7. The train operator and Bishop Trains reserve the right to refuse access to, or remove from the train, any persons who are considered to be using inappropriate behaviour affecting the safety of the train and its passengers, spoiling the enjoyment for other passengers on the train, or failing to comply with any reasonable requests made by a member of the train staff.
8. If you have any issues during your journey please bring them to the attention of one of the train stewards, Bishop Trains staff or the Train Manager so that there is an opportunity to rectify the situation. It is unreasonable to take no action at the time and subsequently make a complaint. If the problem is not resolved then please put your complaint in writing to Bishop Trains, Bishop Auckland Railway Station, to arrive no later than 10 days after your date of travel.
9. The train operator and Bishop Trains cannot be held liable for any costs incurred, or any other losses resulting from a passenger missing the train. It is the passenger's responsibility to ensure that they are at the station in good time to board the train. Your ticket is not valid on the services of any other train company.
10. The type of train used, including carriages and the locomotives, may differ from those shown in publicity. The type of train provided for the excursion is purely dependent upon the train operator being used and rolling stock availability. Different train providers operate different types of stock.
11. Your booking is accepted as constituting acceptance of these conditions.
Customer Cancellation or Alteration to a Booking
1. For cancellations received more than 10 days prior to the tour departure refunds will be given. To cover any non-recoverable charges or costs Bishop Trains reserve the right to reduce the value of these refunds by up to the greater of £10 or 10% of the sum paid.
2. No refund will be given for cancellations received within 10 days or less of the tour departure or for failure to board the train on the day.
3. Deposits are non-refundable.